KHS Diversity and Inclusion Committee
To foster and facilitate an organizational culture within the Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences that appreciates, values, respects and practices diversity, inclusion and equity in order to enhance the experience of all students, faculty, staff and the community.
- To provide a safe and welcoming environment within our department, where students, faculty and staff can feel comfortable to raise concerns over issues pertaining to diversity and inclusion without fear of retribution.
- To educate and train faculty and staff in working effectively and appropriately with a diverse student and faculty body.
- To identify and work to change practices that may inadvertently prevent students from diverse backgrounds from graduating in a timely manner or impede access to resources and experiences that will prepare them for future education or career aspirations.
- To recruit and retain diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Who will handle the reception of these concerns? How will they continue to be reported and followed up with?
- How to examine pedagogy practices to enhance inclusivity and improve diversity within the curriculum?
- What are the issues we currently have to deal with regarding these barriers?
- Review of faculty/staff search process to ensure a diverse group of applicants.
- Review outreach efforts to recruit students from diverse backgrounds into major.
Consistent with the Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences' mission to provide a safe space for all students, faculty and staff to have a voice regarding diversity and inclusivity, the Diversity and Inclusion Committee has created an anonymous online feedback form. This virtual suggestion box is meant to ensure a safe and inclusive atmosphere for all students, faculty, and staff and to encourage impartial and formative discussions regarding diversity and inclusion. Responses submitted to our virtual suggestion box are valued and aid the mission of KHS to foster and facilitate an organizational culture within the Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences that appreciates, values, respects and practices diversity, inclusion and equity in order to enhance the experience of all students, faculty, and staff.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.