Graduate Assistant (Advisor: Dr. Danielle Kirkman)
813 W Franklin ST (new STEM building)
- M.S., Health and Movement Science, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2020
- B.S., Health, Physical Education and Exercise Science, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2018
- Circadian rhythms of human physiology and their influence cardiovascular and kidney disease development
- Vascular function in cardiovascular and kidney diseases
- Mitochondrial function in cardiovascular and kidney diseases
- Domenico A Chavez and Natalie J Bohmke. Preventing Age-Related Vascular Dysfunction: The Gut of the Matter. The Journal of Physiology. 2022; In Press.
- Bohmke N#, Billingsley HE, Kirkman DL, Carbone S. Non-pharmacological Strategies in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction. Cardiology Clinics. 2022; In press.
- Domenico A Chavez, Marie-Claire Evans, Natalie J Bohmke, Hiba Kamal, Loan Quynh Tran, Chandra Bhati, Susan Wolver, Mohammad S Siddiqui, Danielle L Kirkman. Post-Operative Association Between Impaired Renal Function and Vascular Dysfunction in Liver Transplant Recipients. Liver Transplantation. 2022; In press.
- Kirkman DL, Bohmke N, Carbone S, Garten R, Rodriguez-Miguelez P, Franco RL, Kidd J, Abbate A. Exercise Intolerance in Kidney Diseases: Physiological Contributors and Therapeutic Strategies. American Journal of Physiology Renal Physiology. 2021; 320(2):F161-F173.
- Kirkman DL, Bohmke N, Billingsley HE, Carbone S. Sarcopenic Obesity in
Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction. Frontiers in Endocrinology. 2020; 30:558271
- Global Renal Exercise Group
- American Physiological Society
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Society of Nephrology
- HPEX 250
- HPEX 350
- HPEX 380
- KHS Graduate Student Excellence in Research Presentation Award, 2022
- Abstract Award Winner, Greater Washington DC Area Physiological Society Annual Meeting, 2022
- Kidney Stars Participant, ASN Kidney Week, 2022
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society Inductee, 2022
- ASN Kidney Treks MDIBL Program Participant, 2022