The mission of the Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences is to advance the understanding of the critical importance of physical activity and promote healthy lifestyles for the state, nation, and world.
The Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences offers programs that prepare students to pursue careers that utilize exercise interventions for both healthy and diseased populations and/or careers designed for students who wish to enter a health care-related field (that does not require licensure, certification or registry status). The department offers one undergraduate degree program; the Bachelor of Science with either the exercise science concentration or the health science concentration.
Along with the undergraduate program, the department also offers a Master of Science in Health and Movement Sciences, a Post-Baccalaureate Health Sciences Certificate Program, a Post-Baccalaureate Graduate Certificate in Health Behavior Coaching, and Doctor of Philosophy in Rehabilitation and Movement Science.
- Dr. Franco appointed chair of the Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences
- Spring 2020 VCU Baccalaureate Graduate Master's Opportunity
- KHS Faculty Created A Helpful Infographic on How To Stay Healthy During the Stay-At-Home Order
- KHS Faculty Highlight Research Focus During Symposium at Regional Conference
- Graduate Student in Rehabilitation and Movement Science Ph.D. Program Receives Sigma Xi Award
- KHS Students Present Research at Regional ACSM Conference
Micah Risk, a 2007 Community Health Education graduate, was featured on the cover of Running World’s October issue. Micah graduated from VCU with Magna Cum Laude honors and actually continued her education through The Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University. At Tufts, she earned a Master’s degree in Food Policy and Applied Nutrition with a specialization in Nutrition Interventions. With all of her experience and knowledge, Micah now works as the Nutritionist for Lighter Culture, an organization empowering women to live happier and healthier lives.
Congratulations Micah, KHS is so proud to see one of our graduates making a difference in the lives of others.